In the modern world of Big Data and Cloud Technologies companies can very quickly get left behind their competition if they keep doing what they’ve always done. We help bridge the gap between human and machine resource and allow your employees to maximise their productivity and overall efficiency.
We see time and time again, companies that employ skilled staff to carry out repetitive data entry and processing. If you have employees that spend hours of their week drawing up spreadsheets and graphs for management meetings, this is not a productive use of their time. Custom software can usually automate these processes to take seconds instead of hours.
Here’s a typical example of how we help:
Jenny is an operations manager at a medium sized manufacturing firm. Every week, on a Monday, she is required to present a report showing the number of parts made and scrapped, the total sales value of the parts made and scrapped, how many parts are on schedule, how many parts are behind schedule and the total sales value of both of these. All of this then needs to be compared to last week’s performance to see whether things are improving or not.
Jenny uses the ERP system that the company use to export a large spreadsheet with today’s data on. She then manually filters and sorts this data, she takes this new data and puts it in to a different spreadsheet that she has created that creates graphs based on today’s data. She then loads up the spreadsheet that she did last week, compares the two manually creates an additional word document that contains last week’s performance vs. this week’s performance.
Finally all this is printed off and presented in a pack at the senior board meeting on Monday afternoon.
The scenario summary:
- An average of two hours per week of an operations manager’s time
- Reports that are subject to human errors and have human filters / sorts / copies
- 1 snapshot report per week showing last week’s figures
- Data used by senior managers to make company descisions
So what did we do?
We produced a stable, cloud based solution that performed Jenny’s onerous, 2-hour task, within 5 seconds. Not only did it do this, but the system pulled in new data every 5 minutes, providing an almost real-time feed of current events. Rather than printing the information, the reports can be viewed online on mobile, tablet or desktop platform. The real-time feed was also mounted in the operations control area so all operators and other staff can see the current status of production.
The benefit we added:
- The frequency of updating the information went from once per week, to 12 times per hour
- The amount of time Jenny spent creating the reports went from 2 hours per week to zero
- The consistency of the reporting went from unknown to 100%
- The cost of the solution was recovered by Jenny’s extra time available within 4 months
- The company employees can now see their productivity in real-time
- Saving over £5/week in printing costs
- Resolving issues is now done when it is detected, rather than when senior managers are presented with a report up to 7 days after the event